Fiber Reinforced Composite For Dentine Replacement
One of the problems that can face the dentist and the patient is the cracked teeth. Cracks are usually not easy to see.
If the crack extends under the gum line, the prognosis is usually bad. Treatment of a cracked tooth will probably involve a crown.
The newest technology in the restorative material is a fibre-reinforced restorative material called EverX.
This is used as a base material under the white filling. It prevents the propagation of any cracks.
GC everX Posterior is a fibre-reinforced composite designed to be used in conjunction with conventional restorations. The short fibres of GC everX Posterior will make it a perfect sub-structure to reinforce any composite restoration in large size cavities.
Fibres will also prevent and stop crack propagation through the filling, which is considered to be the main cause of composite failures.
Thanks to its unique properties, GC everX Posterior opens new possibilities for restorations of extensive cavities at chair-side and is the answer to the growing demand for an economic restorative alternative for big size cavities.
– Short fibres prevent and stop the progression of fracture in the restoration
– Fracture toughness equivalent to dentine and almost double to any composite will bring unsurpassed strength to the restoration
– Minimal horizontal shrinkage as fibres contribute to shrinkage reduction in the direction of their orientation
4 to 5 mm increments can be cured simultaneously
– Reliable bond to overlaying composite as well as to the tooth substance
Reinforcing material for direct composite restorations, especially in large posterior cavities, including:
– Cavities with 3 surfaces or more to be restored
– Cavities with missing cusps
– Deep cavities
– Endodontically treated teeth – after root canal therapy.
– Cavities after amalgam replacement (especially since amalgam placement often lead to initiation of crack and cusp fracture)
– Cavities where onlays & inlays would also be indicated
If you have big fillings, talk to us to replace them with this fiber-reinforced filings to save your teeth from breaking
Articles are written by Dr M Hajarat.
Niagara Park Dental
3 / 16 Washington Avenue
Niagara Park, NSW 2250
Phone: (02) 4329 3003
Mon 9:00 - 5:30
Tue 9:00 - 5:30
Wed 9:00 - 5:30
Thu 9:00 - 5:30
Fri 9:00 - 5:30